Calendula has an unusual aroma, rather woody, musky and almost rotten, however it has a great set of benefits and properties making it a great oil to use when blending with other oils, especially mixing it in massage oils. Great base for salves, facial creams and other natural cosmetics. it has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, soothing and softening properties.
Use topically, best diluted if you do not particularly like the smell or incorporated in natural products.
- Helps with wounds, bed sores, spider or varicose veins, bruises, rashes, eczema
- Good for itchy or inflamed skin conditions
- Helps insomnia and nervous tension, nerve sedative
- Good for sprains and rheumatism
- Can help with headaches and earaches
Blend with: Lavender, lemon, neroli, jasmine, neroli, most floral oils.